Monday, October 10, 2011

Reality Vs. Fiction

I used to think I would grow up to be a Prima Ballerina. With no ACTUAL pointe training, this obviously was the dream of a little girl and not a reality. So far I have grown up to be a mom (a pretty good one too), a wife, and last but not least a student.


However, I have come to the conclusion that being a student is also not reality, although the homework, time consumption, and general feeling of endlessness are in fact quite real. I have had several professors (especially this semester) act like their class is god's gift to the program and that I should be honored to be graced by their lectures.





How ever much they fuss, those professors are wrong. They are not reality. My family and home life is. My husbands love, the smell of my daughters hair, the kindergarten milestones of my son, cooking my favorite meals in my kitchen, chatting on the phone with my sister, finding love notes on my bathroom mirror, going to a friends bridal shower, prepping for Christmas, making Halloween costumes, are all reality and will take precedence over a class. I will be responsible for the lectures I may miss and I will (and do) get good  grades, after all I do pay to go to class.... and probably my professors salary.

No comments:

Post a Comment