Friday, September 2, 2011

5 Other things You Might be Doing That are Making Your Life Suck.

Today while wasting time catching up with friends on Facebook I was directed to THIS website. Pretty much it embodies how I feel about life. My FAVORITE post was her most recent one entitled

9 Things You Might be Doing That are Making Your Life Suck.

Number 3 seems to be my biggest deal lately... there's nothing like a "delete friend" session Facebook to make your life a little less sucky. 

It has actually inspired me to add a few things to her list. SO here is MY list. 

  5 Other Things You Might be Doing That are Making Your Life Suck:  

1.  Spending More Hours on in Front of a Screen than in Reality.  

I once took a survey where it asked me how much time I spent in front of the TV. I circled 2-4 hours a day. I lied. I LOVE TV. I have a huge problem with Hulu and Netflix.  We don't have cable or satellite for the very reason that I just don't have the self control to turn the stupid thing OFF.  I can waist countless hours in front of nighttime television and sitcoms. In fact I can get into "The Zone" in front of several shows that I don't even like. Being in said "Zone" will make me grumpy and when mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

SO My advice for you is, if you're life sucks TURN OFF YOUR SCREENS!!! Computer, TV, iPod, Smartphone, tablets, etc. Do it for a day, do it for a WHOLE WEEK. Read a REAL book, with pages that TURN. You'll be AMAZED at how much time you have.

2. Texting your Life Away. 

This actually may be a lot like #1 but isn't it nicer to hear someones voice than to always be getting a text from them? Be more personal. CALL the person you're trying to contact. STOP WAITING FOR THEM TO TEXT BACK and ask them that simple question you have and let them answer you. 

3. Allowing yourself to hate you. 

 You are amazing, and you know it. Keep telling yourself 3 things a day that you like about YOU. You are the only YOU in this whole world. Being "normal" is AMAZING!!! No matter what you're going through right now, it could always be worse, in fact, someone out there DOES have it worse.  

4. Stop blaming yourself.   

Sometimes there really isn't anything you can do.

5. (I am piggy backing on Andrea Owen's #3) Trying to Please Everyone. 

You can't. Your grandma will always think that you shouldn't eat that cookie, your kids will always point out that zit you were trying to hide, and you might not be able to always come up with a third thing in a list.  You're not perfect, stop trying to make everyone else think that you are. 

I AM NOT PERFECT. I never claimed to be. I have ONE BILLION things I am working on one at a time. I can say however that I KNOW when I am doing what is right then I am happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment