Sunday, July 3, 2011

Today. July 3rd. Thank goodness it's almost over.


“Go eat breakfast.”
“Go eat breakfast.”
“Go eat breakfast.”
“Go eat breakfast.”

“Go get dressed.”
“Go get dressed.”
“Go get dressed.”
“Go get dressed. No it’s Sunday. You need SUNDAY clothes.”


“Get your shoes on.”
“Get your shoes on.”
“Get your shoes on.”
“Get your shoes on. No SUNDAY SHOES.”

I don’t know if it was because today was FAST Sunday or because I am getting sick or because of a MILLION other excuses, but today was not my day for patience.
            After an epic fit during sacrament meeting that resulted in a monumental bloody nose because of a fight over who gets to sit by MOM I lost it.
            I LOVE MY CHILDREN. In fact, I adore this three-day weekend because I get to smother (and mother… see what I did there?) with attention.  I miss my kids because I HAVE to WORK but also I feel GUILTY that I need a break from them. 
            Some days are rough. I know my life can’t possibly be the MOST difficult one in the world. 
            So instead of complaining I am going to list a few things I am grateful for (in no particular order).
                        Good friends
                        Apples to Apples (combined with the previous)
                        The Atonement
My Dear sweet Mr. R                       
CHILDREN to clean up after
MY MOMMY (and getting to sit by her)
Neighbors who bring me cookies J
HOA’s that throw 4th of July parties
Music
My home
Tutus
Cowboy boots
Blueberry pie
                        My Heavenly Father


No comments:

Post a Comment