Saturday, June 25, 2011

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken

I got this recipe from my sister and it it FABULOUS. I keep forgetting where I put it, so if I post it then I will always know where I can find it! :)  I have also tried grilling the chicken and marinading it in the sauce while grilling and that turned out really well. ALSO chicken breasts work WONDERFULLY, and I think I would venture into the world or PORK RIBS too. THANKS SISTER!

3lbs of chicken wings, I used drum sticks
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups of BBQ sauce
1/4 cup honey
2tsp honey
2 tsp spicy mustard
2 tsp worcestershire sause
couple shakes of tabasco to taste

Instructions:

Place wings on broiler pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil on each side for 10 mins. Make sure each side has been salt and peppered then put chicken into a crock pot mix remaining ingredients and pour over wings. Low heat for 3 hours, high for 1-2 hours.

GREAT for leaving in the crock pot while you go to church, or have a super busy day and don't feel like cooking much. 

ONE MORE THING, this is a PROTEIN meal, so it's fabulous for us diabetics out there!! Very little carbs, and if you wanted to opt out of the MINISCULE amount of honey it calls for, I'm sure it wouldn't ruin the flavor... too much ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment